var aax_size=’300×250′; var aax_pubname = ‘s05a4-21′; var aax_src=’302’; http://c.amazon-adsystem.com/aax2/assoc.js“>In a suspected hate crime incident, 39-year-old Sikh man, Deep Rai was shot and wounded outside his house by a partially- masked gunman who shouted “go back to your own country”. Deep was working on his vehicle outside his home in Kent, Washington when the stranger approached. While the Kent police said that the Sikh man sustained “non life-threatening injuries”, there have been several cases in the past when Sikhs, who have often been the targets of hate crimes in the US, have even lost their lives.The first person to be victimized by hate crime in the United State after the 9/11 terrorist attacks was not a Muslim. He was a Sikh, Balbir Singh Sondhi, who was shot dead at his petrol filling station in Arizona. Sondhi was mistaken for a Muslim because of his turban. As reported in CNN, the assailant said that he wanted to “go out and shoot some towel-heads” for the actions of Osama bin Laden.
Now with President Donald Trump’s travel ban on citizens from Muslim-dominated countries, Sikhs in the US are a worried lot. Although Sikh migration to the country began more than 130 years ago, turban-wearing followers of the faith are routinely mistaken for Muslims, and taunted with calls like ‘Osama!’ and ‘turban heads’.
Not just this, in one of Trump’s campaigns, an Indian-origin Sikh was mistaken to be a Muslim supporter on the flyers.
With new travel rules (if implemented), the community fears a spike in cases of abuse in general and harassment at security check-ups in particular.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screenings have become a big issue for Sikhs in America
The Sikh Coalition, a volunteer organization, founded in response to 9/11, has received over 700 TSA complaints through their mobile app called ‘Flyrights’ since 2012.
Tanvir Singh, a 40-year-old Sikh American driver at the Seattle-Tacoma airport, says he and his family have faced frequent public humiliations and unwarranted screenings at airports. He says he has missed flights at least six times due to unfettered TSA screening and search practices. “I have been searched so many times that my family does not want to fly with me. My kids even refused a trip to Disneyland,” Tanvir Singh told the New Indian Express.
Once while returning from Canada, his family was searched for six hours at the border protection line. “The TSA agents refused to allow my wife to buy milk for my six-month-old son and did not even provide water for my four-year-old daughter, who began vomiting during this screening.”
On another occasion, Singh was searched and sent through the screener multiple times at the airport before a flight from Washington DC to Los Angeles. “I was then sent to a room with six to seven agents. One of them tried to touch my turban. The turban is one of the five articles of faith worn by an initiated Sikh. I requested them to allow me to remove my turban myself, yet the agents removed it while laughing at and mocking me. I missed the flight and ended up spending 14 hours at the airport.”
Tanvir Singh said people in his community have been weary of travel checks even before the Donald Trump order. “Many of my friends do not want to travel anymore even for a short distance. We are made to wait for hours and hours.”
While Trump’s travel ban order is temporarily suspended and the revised executive order is expected to be signed next week, the community fears that increased security checks at airports will see a surge in cases of abuse and humiliation.
Wanda Sanchez Day, an attorney associated with United Sikhs, a civil rights organisation, said, “We condemn the ideas embodied in the executive order issued by Donald Trump on January 27, 2017. It is a setback to progress that has been made on civil and human rights in the United States.”
The torment of Sikh community is not limited to airports. There have been hate crimes against them in several US cities. However, according to a survey by the National Sikh Campaign, a non-profit organisation, 60 per cent of Americans didn’t know about their existence.
According to the Sikh Coalition, the community is “hundreds of times more likely than their fellow Americans to experience hate crimes”. There had been over 175 Anti-sikh hate crimes since 2001, it said in a report.
In January 2016, 68-year-old Gurucharan Singh Gill, who was working at a liquor store in California, was stabbed to death in broad daylight. “The local community members feel that Gill was attacked because of his skin colour and identity,” Lieutenant Mindy Casto, Fresno Police Department was quoted telling a news agency.
I have endless occasion recollections. The greater part of them revolve around confidence, family, and conventions. Not very many youth recollections really incorporate the endowments I got. I particularly recall the year that I got a blue earth bicycle, the night my sibling and I got a Nintendo, and opening socks each year from my grandparents. Be that as it may, other than that, my blessing accepting recollections are entirely scanty. Which made them think… what sort of blessings would we be able to provide for our children that they will always remember? What endowments will really affect their lives and change them for eternity?
1. Attestation. Some of the time one basic uplifting statement can change a whole life. So ensure your children know the amo
unt you value them. And after that, remind them each possibility you get.
2. Workmanship. With the approach of the Web, everybody who needs to make… can. The world simply needs more individuals who need to…
3. Challenge. Urge your kid to think beyond practical boundaries. Thusly, they will achieve more than they suspected conceivable… and most likely significantly more than you suspected conceivable.
4. Sympathy/Equity. Life isn’t reasonable. It never will be – there are recently an excessive number of factors. In any case, when a wrong has been conferred or a playing field can be leveled, I need my tyke to be dynamic in leveling it.
5. Satisfaction. The requirement for more is infectious. Along these lines, one of the best blessings you can give your children is a gratefulness for being content with what they have… yet not with their identity.
6. Interest. Educate your children to make inquiries about who, what, where, how, why, and why not. “Quit asking such a large number of inquiries” are words that ought to never leave a guardians’ mouth.
7. Assurance. One of the best deciding components in one’s prosperity is the extent of their will. How might you help develop your tyke’s today?
8. Teach. Children need to take in everything starting from the earliest stage including fitting practices, how to coexist with others, how to get results, and how to accomplish their fantasies. Teach ought not be kept away from or withheld. Rather, it ought to be steady and positive.
9. Consolation. Words are intense. They can make or they can crush. The basic words that you talk today can offer support and positive considerations to another youngster. On the other hand your words can send them facilitate into hopelessness. So pick them painstakingly.
10. Devotion to your Companion. Steadfastness in marriage incorporates more than simply our bodies. It additionally incorporates our eyes, psyche, heart, and soul. Watch your sexuality day by day and dedicate it totally to your life partner. Your children will completely pay heed.
11. Discovering Magnificence. Help your children discover excellence in all that they see… and in everybody they meet.
12. Liberality. Instruct your children to be liberal with your stuff so they will get to be distinctly liberal with theirs.
13. Genuineness/Honesty. Children who take in the esteem and significance of trustworthiness at a youthful age have a far more prominent chance to wind up distinctly legit grown-ups. What’s more, genuine grown-ups who bargain honestly with others tend to feel better about themselves, make the most of their lives more, and rest better during the evening.
14. Trust. Trust is knowing and trusting that things will show signs of improvement and make strides. It makes quality, perseverance, and resolve. What’s more, in the frantically troublesome circumstances of life, it calls us to press ahead.
15. Much love. I once heard the account of a man who told his 7-year old child that he had become excessively old for kisses. I tear up each time I consider it. Realize that your children are never excessively old, making it impossible to get physical confirmation of your affection for them.
16. Creative ability. In the event that we’ve learned anything in the course of recent years, it’s that life is changing quicker and speedier with each passing day. The world tomorrow looks in no way like the world today. What’s more, the general population with creative energy are the ones not quite recently living it, they are making it.
17. Purposefulness. I accept firmly in purposeful living and deliberate child rearing. Back off, consider your identity, where you are going, and how to arrive. Furthermore, do likewise for each of your children.
18. Your Lap. It’s the best place in the whole world for a book, story, or discussion. Also, it’s been directly before you the entire time.
19. Long lasting Learning. An energy for taking in is unique in relation to simply examining to win a review or please educators. It starts in the home. So read, make inquiries, investigate, and uncover. As it were, figure out how to love learning yourself.
20. Adore. … however the best of these is love.
21. Suppers Together. Suppers give unparalleled chance to relationship, any semblance of which can not be discovered anyplace else. To such an extent, that a family that does not eat together does not become together.
22. Nature. Children who figure out how to welcome their general surroundings deal with their general surroundings. As a parent, I am regularly requesting that my children keep their rooms inside the house slick, clean, and methodical. Shouldn’t we additionally be showing them to keep their reality outside flawless, clean, and methodical?
23. Opportunity. Kids require chances to encounter new things so they can discover what they appreciate and what they are great at. Furthermore, as opposed to mainstream thinking, this doesn’t need to require much cash.
24. Good faith. Cynics don’t change the world. Confident people do.
25. Peace. On an overall scale, you may thoroughly consider this is of our hands. In any case, in connection to the general population around you, this is totally inside your hands… and that is a darn decent place to begin.
26. Pride. Commend the seemingly insignificant details in life. All things considered, it is the little achievements in life that turn into the huge achievements.
27. Space to Commit errors. Children are children. That is the thing that makes them so much fun… thus frantically needing your understanding. Give them space to try, investigate, and commit errors.
28. Self-Regard. Individuals who figure out how to esteem themselves will probably have fearlessness, self-regard, and self-esteem. Subsequently, they will probably get to be grown-ups who regard their qualities and stick to them… notwithstanding when nobody else is.
29. Comical inclination. Snicker with your children ordinary… for your purpose and theirs.
30. Deep sense of being. Confidence lifts our perspective of the universe, our reality, and our lives. We would be shrewd to impart into our children that they are more than simply fragile living creature and blood consuming up room. They are additionally made of brain, heart, soul, and will. What’s more, choices throughout their life ought to be founded on more than exactly what every other person with fragile living creature and blood is doing.
31. Steadiness. A steady home turns into the establishment on which children construct whatever is left of their lives. They have to know their place in the family, who they can trust, and who will be there for them. Try not to continue changing those things.
32. Time. The endowment of time is the one present you can never get back or reclaim. So contemplate who (for sure) is getting yours.
33. Full focus. Perhaps this symbolism will be useful: Detach to Interface.
34. Uniqueness. What makes us distinctive is the thing that makes us exceptional. Uniqueness ought not be covered up. It ought to be gladly shown for all the world to see, acknowledge, and appreciate.
35. An Inviting Home. To realize that you can simply get back home is among the sweetest and most nurturing confirmations in all the world. Is your home reviving your kid?
Obviously, none of these endowments are at a bargain at your neighborhood retail chain. In any case, I feel that is the point.
If you are thinking to gift something awesome to your kid, just think about electronic gadgets. Electronic gadgets are the need of time. They are loved by kids because their lively feeling. Now cartoons, poems, video games are a great audio visual medium of learning. Kids found them handy in electronic devices. When a kid interact with devices they provide her a necessary supplement for their learning curve. Boosting the learning curve of kids is responsibility of parents. You can’t control your kid to love mobile, but you can turn a situation in advantage. This is how by gifting few things you can make your kid more intelligent and smart.
Don’t you find that your kid loves star wars? Make his fancies true by gifting this great device. It would make him feel pride of his controlling skills by administering this robot. It is an app control robot that kids can easily operate. It is a joy plus learning, a win win thing for your kid. It can be controlled by an mobile or tablet via android app. You can integrate it with google app. The price of this gadget is mere 150
Wearing such a charismatic device which is directly related with the fantasies of your kid make him feel special. This enhances the imagination and integrates it with science. This band is special birthday gift for kids. You can easily order this item via amazon.
Indian Education System is undergoing through a fast change. Technology is defining the pedagogy. When it comes to pre-primary and primary education, kids are not untouched by technology. Your kid loves your mobile more than you. Its a fact and if he is interacting with it, he must be learning something.
Now its responsibility of parents to make kids learn something that supplement their understanding and enhances interest in learning new things. There are some tablets that come with inbuilt learning apps with well researched curricular practices and they can facilitate self learning in 3-8 year old kids.Some devices come with customized curriculum for Indian kids while other are built on international norms. These devices are quite engaging and built on self-instructional pedagogy which promote self-paced learning in kids.
Parents can simply chose the features on different e-commerce online platforms. A good device should have better battery life, atleast 1 GB RAM and inbuilt well researched learning software. Its time to supplement your kids learning when you can’t give attention to your kid personally from your busy work life and you can’t manage to keep them away from TV and cartoon channels. The ultimate alternative becomes tablets build for learning needs. Lenovo CG Slate is a learning tablet which is recommended by CBSE and NCERT.